Saturday 29 September 2012

Law-Abiding Deviant

When I was a child, my teacher told me "kid, a wrist watch is put on the left wrist". When i grew older, I found out it wasn't a crime to put a wrist watch on your right wrist so I did. A friend saw me once and asked, "why do you have your wrist watch on your right", don't you know its supposed to be on your left? "But its no crime" I replied, "and it doesn't hurt anyone's feelings". 

Just before he was about to burst into laughter I asked, "So tell me, why do u place it on your left"..? For a second or two he stood dumbfounded...., then he finally said.. "come to think of it, I don't really know myself; its just something i was told and see people do too".

Thought For The Day:
Do you do the things you do with meaning and understanding? Or you just do them cos someone told you to do so... Or probably cos everyone does same. I dare to be different; Call me a deviant and I'll be so proud cos I'm a Proud Law Abiding Deviant.

By: Julius Ofori Boadu (JOB)
(juliusboadu@gmail.com)

Twitter: @CwesiOfori
 

1 comment:

  1. Good one! Sounds like a transformational leader and writer

    ReplyDelete