Thursday 1 August 2013

My Lost Identity

So i lost my wallet which contained all my ID cards sometime ago and i went to the Electoral Commission today to get a replacement of my Voters ID.

To my utmost dismay, i was told there that "the cards dierr they are on hold for now becuase of the court case" and that, i can come back after it has ended, and i'm like HOW..?

I mean, i don't know but im just asking, is my getting a replacement of voters ID going to in anyway influence the outcome of the court case??
How am i supposed to get my lost sim card also replaced when they need the ID to replace it for me?
How am i supposed to get my Passport and/or VISA authenticated without identity?

I guess they mean i have to wait till after the court case before i travel outside or transact any international business. But considering the situation you begin to see how just a little "on hold" is affecting various aspects of my life right now; communicatioin, travel and business

The whole E.C. must be "on hold" i presume, cos the major question that hit my mind is, if even somthing as small as replacing my lost voters ID card is "on hold" then what activity right now over there is "on go"?

So it just leaves me wondering, is it just here, in my part of the world, in a government institution or it happens everywhere..?

In the mean time, as i try to get this one over my head, if you know of any means i can get any of my Identity cards replaced, kindly let me know cos i need one.


By: Julius Ofori Boadu (JOB)
(juliusboadu@gmail.com)

Twitter: @CwesiOfori

No comments:

Post a Comment